Call for paper The 9 th Asian Conference in Regional Science 2019
Call for Papers (1st Round)
The 9 th Asian Conference in Regional Science 2019
April 20-21, Shanghai, China
Asian Conference in Regional Science (ACRS) initially stems from the joint seminar co-sponsored by China and Japan. Over the past years, it has gradually evolved into a formal meeting with abundant achievements. With growing concern of recent challenges faced by Asian countries, there are greater opportunities for regional scientists to engineer better spatial alliance and promote enriched stabilization. The 9th ACRS is a new platform for continual collaboration among participating organizations and their members, especially for cross-fertilization of ideas and methods among scholars from Asian countries and regions. More importantly, in memory of the founder of regional science, Walter Isard, the 9th ACRS will be held in China to mark the centenary of his birth.
Regional Science Association of China.
SHU-UTS SILC Business School, Shanghai University, China.
Japan Applied Regional Science Conference (ARSC)
Korea Regional Science Association (KRSA)
We are pleased to announce the Ninth Asian Conference in Regional Science to be hosted by SHU-UTS SILC Business School, Shanghai University during April 20 to 21 on its beautiful campus. We welcome submissions in broadly defined areas of regional science. Topics of interest in this joint conference include (but not limited to):
1. Spatial Economics
2. Urban Economics
3. Migration and Demographic Analysis
4. Environmental Studies
5. Transportation Studies
6. Regional Development
8. Asian Regional and Urban Issues
9. Economic Geography
10. Location of Economic Activities
11. Real Estate
12. Regional and Urban Planning
13. Local Public Finance
14. Smart Cities and Regions
15. Local Governance
Keynote Speaker (TBA):
Professor of Spatial Economics,
Adjunct Professor, Institute of Economic Research, Kyoto University
Professor of Economic Geography,
London School of Economics,
(others to be announced soon)
Authors are invited to submit abstracts, relating to the conference themes. The abstract should be written in English (in PDF format only). All papers will be presented in English.
Submissions with an extended abstract should be made no later than January 15, 2019.
Upon acceptance, authors must submit full paper before March 1 and confirm attendance by registration by March 1, 2019.
All conference participants with the exception of keynote and invited speakers must register by paying the conference fees. The fee covers all the costs of conference meals, refreshments, and materials.
Member USD 150 / Student USD 75
The registration details will be informed in the coming days.
LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:
Ling Xue (Peking University)
Jian Wang (Shanghai University)
Kangjuan Lv (Shanghai University)
Shuang Li (Shanghai University)
Lijun Jia (Shanghai University)
Shanxia Sun (Shanghai University)
Yumin Li (Shanghai University)
Chuyi Fang (Shanghai University)
Wei Zhang (Shanghai University)
Wen Li (RSAC)
Yue Zhao (RSAC)
For submission and information, please contact Jian Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org or +86-21-69980028-85041.
Department of Economics and Finance
SHU-UTS SILC Business School
Address: 20 Chengzhong Road, Jiading District, Shanghai, 201899, China.
Homepage of Conference:
· The 8th Asian Seminar in Regional Science was sponsored by Korean Regional Science Association (KRSA), and held at Jeju National University (Jeju Island, South Korea) from September 7 to 9, 2018.
· The 6th Asian Seminar was sponsored by ARSC, and held at Tohoku University, Sendai, between September 24 and 26, 2016.
· The 5th Asian Seminar was sponsored by RSAC, and held at Harbin Institute of Technology, between July 18 and 20, 2015.
· The 4th Asian Seminar was sponsored by KRSA, and held at Seoul National University, between August 5 and 7, 2014.
· The 3rd Asian Seminar was sponsored by CRSA-T, and held at National Donghua University, Hualien, between August 7 and 9, 2013.
· The 2nd Asian Seminar was sponsored by ARSC, and held at ICSEAD (now known as Asian Growth Research Institute), Kitakyushu, on September 29 and 30, 2012.
· The 1st Asian Seminar was sponsored by RSAC, and held at Peking University on September 11 and 12, 2010.
· The Third Japan-China Joint Seminar was sponsored by ARSC, and held at Campus Plaza Kyoto on October 3 and 4, 2009.
· The Second Japan-China Joint Seminar was cosponsored by ARSC and RSAC, and held at Peking University on October 18 and 19, 2008.
· The First Japan-China Joint Seminar was cosponsored by ARSC and RSAC, and held at Peking University on October 20 and 21,2007.